We have a duty to safeguard and and promote the welfare of children.
If we have any concerns that a child may be suffering harm, we have a duty to refer to social services when appropriate.
- The name Child Protection Coordinator for the children's Centre is Joanne Smith.
- The named Child Protection Coordinator for the nursery is Leanne Little.
- The children's Centres policies and procedures are available to view online here www.stoneycroftchildrenscentre.co.uk/safeguarding.asp or can be obtained from the centre on request.
How We Safeguard Children and You
At Stoneycroft we have a number of procedures in place to insure the safety of children
- All staff and volunteers working in the centre have CRB checks every 3 years.
- All staff attend safeguarding training yearly and are aware of the policies and procedure if they have any concerns about the welfare of a child.
- Staff are not permitted to use mobile phones or cameras in the nursery or during groups (see staff phone/Camera Procedures) www.stoneycroftchildrenscentre.co.uk/safeguarding.asp
- The Children's Centre Coordinator and Head Teacher have attended safer recruitment and selection training which ensures recruitment in the safest way.
Families visiting the centre are not permitted to use phone cameras or take photographs of children.
Visitors and Partner Agencies
- You will need to complete a screening document at reception before entering any parts of the building
- Show evidence of your latest CRB certificate if you have one
- Complete the visitors book at reception and make sure you sign out of the building
- ensure your visitors pass is clearly visible about your person all times during your visit
- A member of staff will accompany you to the area you are visiting, please ensure you stay in that room
- DO NOT use your mobile phone once you have entered the building. if you do need to make an urgent phone call speak to a member of staff who will authorise use of the centre telephones
- Visitors must ensure they have ID with them. Without relevant ID you could be refused entry to the building
If you have and concerns regarding safe guarding during your visit to the centre please report your concerns to Joanne Smith, Children's Centre Coordinator and Safeguarding officer for the building.
Any other concerns regarding safeguarding or the safety and welfare of children and/or young people at any time you can report your concerns to
CARELINE on 0151 233 3700