There are now a limited amount of places available in most early years settings across Liverpool for some 2 year old children. These places are fully funded for 15 hours a week to help support learning and development for some children. All families who are eligible should receive a letter from the city council however if you think you are eligible and havent received any notification please come into the centre to speak to a member of staff who will try to support you with your application.
Families who are eligible for these places must be in receipt of benefits or have a household income less than £16,190.
To qualify for a free 2 year old place from the term after the child turns 2 you must be getting one of the following:
- Income support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
- Support through part 6 of the immigration and Asylum Act
- the guaranteed element of State pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit ( but not Working Tax credit) and have an annual income not over £16.190
- The Working Tax Credit 4 week run on (The payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credits.)
- Working tax credits and earn £16,190 a year or less.
Children are also entitled to a place if;
- they're looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special educational needs ( SEN) or an education health and care plan.
- they get disability living allowance
- they've left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangments order or adoption order.